Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mommy Me Time, I Think Not...









So, I started out with this (see pic.) as my plan for the afternoon. Insert that into a nice, comfy, leather recliner and a wonderful book and I was in relaxation heaven! My feet were up, book in one hand & coffee in the other and best of all, baby down for a nap! Who really cares about the dirty dishes in the sink, the floors that need to be vacuumed or the laundry to be done for the weekend anyway?
This was MY time!
And just as I started getting into relaxation mode, I was brought back down to reality by my beautiful baby girl and her famous 5 minute naps. I tried to let her cry for a while thinking she would go back to sleep, but that just was not the case today.
With that said, I quickly downed my aromatic cup of hazelnut coffee, stuffed a couple grapes in my mouth and dashed for the nursery. Dirty dishes - floors - laundry... we meet again.

Goodbye relaxation, Hello motherhood!
*sigh*
I do have to say though, life is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment